Compliance consulting services
Need a fresh pair of eyes to look at your overall compliance?
Our compliance consulting services may just be what you are looking for!
We offer compliance consulting services covering a whole spectrum of compliance advice including identification of compliance obligations, requirements and commitments for key compliance areas to recommendations on the design and implementation of compliance management systems. Our clients range from startups in highly regulated industries who require comprehensive compliance consulting services to clients who have experienced rapid expansion and find that their systems and processes have not been able to cope.
We also provide compliance consulting services, including remediation programs, to clients who have received a warning or infringement notice or an administrative fine from a regulatory body e.g. ASIC, ACCC or Fair Work Ombudsman, or who are required to implement a compliance program as part of their written undertaking.
Depending on your needs and requirements, we cover the following types of compliance consulting services:
Industry Compliance Consulting Services
Product Safety Consulting Services
WHS Consulting Services
Consumer Protection Consulting Services
Compliance Management Consulting Services
Contract Management Consulting Services
Compliance consulting project
To ensure that our client’s needs and requirements are met, we offer our consulting services in a comprehensive value-for-money package for our clients. This popular package, the Compliance Consulting Project solution, consists of the following services:
- Compliance Risk Assessment Service, where we:
- identify your regulatory compliance obligations;
- conduct a compliance risk assessment;
- perform a gap analysis of your organisation’s compliance management system; and
- provide you with a Compliance Risk Assessment Report outlining our findings;
- Compliance Framework Design Service, where we design and develop a compliance framework for your organisation (within an integrated risk management and compliance framework) including:
- design and development of compliance registers;
- design and development of compliance schedules;
- design and development of training schedules;
- design and development of annual compliance plans;
- Compliance Management Consulting Service, where we design and implement a compliance management system according to international standards; and
- Compliance Policies Preparation Service, where we prepare and draft all compliance policies and procedures you require as identified and determined through the Compliance Risk Assessment stage.
As the name suggests, the package is provided on a project basis where we apply project management processes to the delivery of our services for the benefit of our clients.
Compliance consulting project stages
There are 6 stages to each Compliance Consulting Project we undertake:
- Stage 1 – Initial meeting
- Stage 2 – Compliance Risk Assessment
- Stage 3 – Compliance Framework Design
- Stage 4 – Compliance Policies Preparation
- Stage 5 – Compliance Management Consulting
- Stage 6 – Maintenance and support
To make sure that your needs can be met by us, we start off with an initial meeting via Skype or by way of a phone conference. We ask questions about you, your organisation, your requirements and expectations. We also discuss with you our scope of work and move on to the next stage once we have an agreed scope.
The initial meeting will take around 20 mins.
Compliance risk assessment
We will then conduct an organisational analysis to make a compliance risk assessment.
The intention of the compliance risk assessment is to:
- obtain a clear and in-depth view of your organisation’s business activities, products, services, procedures, processes and business systems;
- identify and determine all key compliance obligations and compliance commitments of your organisation;
- assess all existing compliance documentation, including policies, manuals, procedures, instruction guides and other types of documentation required for your organisation for the proper management of its compliance obligations; and
- assess gaps identified in relation to a compliance management system, compliance documentation, processes and procedures.
The outcome of the compliance risk assessment is written down and presented to you in our Compliance Risk Assessment Report.
Compliance framework design
After we discuss with you our findings contained in the Compliance Risk Assessment Report, we will proceed with the next stage of the Compliance Consulting Project, being the compliance framework design based on the Report findings.
At this stage, we will:
- Design an integrated corporate governance, risk management and compliance framework;
- Design a compliance organisational structure;
- Design compliance procedures; and
- Design and develop compliance registers.
Compliance documentation preparation
We prepare and develop all compliance policies and procedures required for your organisation as identified and determined in the Compliance Risk Assessment Report and in accordance with the compliance framework designed in Stage 2.
If you require us to prepare other documents, we can do so through our Legal and Business Documents Preparation Service.
Our team at The Performance Management Company Pty Ltd is made up of compliance and business consultants, all of whom are highly experienced in their niche, while our legal consultants from Inveiss Legal, a specialist commercial and corporate law firm, has an equally experienced team to assist with preparation of legal documents, contracts, proposals and provision of contract-related advice, and more. For further information on our team, you can view our About page.
Compliance management consulting
At the compliance management consulting stage, we will assist you with the design and implementation of the compliance management system – in other words, putting all the separate pieces designed in the previous stages together into a cohesive system.
Our Compliance Management Consulting Services include:
- Design and develop compliance documentation schedules;
- Design and develop compliance training schedules;
- Design and develop annual compliance plans including monitoring and review plans as part of a continuous improvement process;
- Design and assist with the implementation a compliance management system in accordance with international standards ISO 19600 (Compliance Management System) and ISO 31000 (Risk Management) requirements;
- Depending on the scope of work agreed on, we may specifically design and implement the system to meet other ISO standards including:
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001 replacement);
- AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems;
- ISO 10002 Complaints Handling;
- ISO 15489 Records Management;
- and so on…;
- Design and assist with the implementation of a remediation program that meet regulatory requirements (only where required);
- Design and assist with the implementation of change management, knowledge management and staff compliance training programs;
- Design and assist with the implementation of a compliance management system roadmap.
If you are new to compliance management systems, you may wish to read our Beginners’ Guide to CMS (Compliance Management Systems).
Maintenance and support
Once we have completed all the initial Compliance Consulting Project work and after we have made sure that you are completely satisfied, we will transition you to a maintenance phase where we will monitor your implementation of the compliance management system for the next 4 weeks.
If you are subscribed to our Enterprise Compliance Program (and the Compliance Consulting Project is conducted as part of the Program), we will provide you with support for the entire duration you are on the program. You will also be able to make use of the following:
- TPM Compliance Library resources and tools;
- Regulatory Update Service through our premium Focus publications;
- Compliance training courses for staff for implementing your compliance training program;
- Dedicated Compliance Support Service; and
- Compliance Audit Report Service.
Timings are as follows:
- Stage 1 to design parts of Stage 5: We allow a period of 4-8 weeks to complete all stages up to the design parts of Stage 5, depending on your team’s capacity and resources, and the number of compliance, legal and business documents required to be prepared.
- Implementation parts of Stage 5: Thereafter, the length of time it takes to implement the compliance management system and change management, knowledge management and training programs will depend entirely on you and your team.
- Stage 6: The transition to the maintenance and support phase (Stage 6) will start immediately after the end of Stage 5 and will last for 4 weeks.
If you are on our Enterprise Compliance Program, while you remain on the Program, we will conduct annual compliance audits and compliance reports for you where we:
- Review the performance of your compliance management system;
- Review compliance performance, breaches, near-misses etc;
- Review your continuous improvement processes;
- Review your compliance management system roadmap.
The Compliance Audit Report Service essentially progresses in the same manner as the initial Compliance Consulting Project, although in many cases, we may focus on specific aspects of the system depending on your requirements and needs and the regulatory environment for your industry.
Please see our TPM Pricing page for more information on pricing.
If you are on our Enterprise Compliance Program, we charge a cost-effective monthly program fee for the first year of subscription. Renewals thereafter are at your discretion.
Get one step closer to building that high performing team you’ve always wanted
Our compliance consulting services team offers practical, commercially-focused guidance and recommendations on the design and implementation of a robust compliance management system.